1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place chopped beetroot in the roasting tray, and toss with cumin seeds and rapeseed oil. Add cloves of garlic (with the skin on). Roast for about 30 minutes until beetroots are cooked.
3. Allow the beetroot and garlic to cool, then pop roasted garlic out of its skins. It will be deliciously sweet and soft.
4. For the dressing: In a pestle and mortar (or using a fork and a bowl) crush roasted garlic, add mustard, oil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of water and mix. Add a touch more water if the dressing is too thick.
5. To assemble the salad: Spread quinoa on a plate, top with roasted beetroots and chopped walnuts.
6. Drizzle the dressing over quinoa, walnuts and beetroots, add chopped dill and serve.
1. I peel and chop my beetroot wearing my CSI gloves. Saves me from stained fingers.
2. Add cubed feta cheese if you fancy a change and eat diary.
3. You may want to add some salad leaves to this salad as well.
4. You can, of course, just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and serve.