Warming Fall Kale Salad With Sriracha Vinaigrette
This fall kale salad keeps your body warm with grounding sweet potatoes and spicy sriracha vinaigrette. Fall produce like kale and onions help boost your immune system during the colder months.
Fall Kale Salad
- 2 cups organic kale
- 1 cup roasted organic sweet potato (butternut squash also works great)
- 1/2 cup organic chickpeas
- 1/4 cup sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic, cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce (or more if you like it super spicy)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. For the salad: Wash and prepare all of your vegetables. Shred the kale into bite-sized pieces and dice the sweet onion. I typically roast my sweet potatoes in big batches on the weekend with coconut oil, sea salt, and black pepper, and store them in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Then, when I want to make the salad, I just add a cup of the potatoes. Layer all of your ingredients into a big bowl, and top with the Sriracha Vinaigrette.
2. For the Vinaigrette: Whisk all of your ingredients aside from the olive oil together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to incorporate. Pour over the salad. This dressing also stores very well in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I typically make it in bulk and portion out 2-3 tablespoons for each salad.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.