Are you frustrated because you’ve been working toward a goal but aren’t seeing results? Maybe you’re trying a new diet, starting your own business, want to meet your soul mate, or you’re trying a new fitness routine.
When we're working toward our goals, it's common to hit a wall. The number one reason people don’t continue with their plans is because they don’t see results fast enough. So they quit.
Whether you want to lose weight, manifest the love of your life, or run a wellness business, the results you see are not as important as the results you want to achieve. When you focus on what you want instead of what you see, you will reach your goal faster. Remind yourself why you started and use this as motivation to keep going.
You have to ask yourself what is most important to you, dig inward and get in touch with your why.
If you're trying to achieve your goal for validation, approval or ego-driven reasons, you'll fall into the trap of instant gratification. But when you're honest with yourself about why you started — to feel better, to be healthier, to receive more love, to help others — the reasons inspired by your soul, you will be able to overcome the challenging moments with more ease.
All goals can be frustrating if you're only focused on results. Be patient with yourself and remind yourself why you started.
Here are 10 inspirational reminders to help you stay motivated.
1. Remind yourself why you started.
2. Focus on how your life feels instead of how it looks.
3. This too shall pass.
4. Imagine yourself six months from now if you keep at it.
5. Choose progress over perfection.
6. What you do daily is more important than what you do every once in a while.
7. You might not be there yet, but you are closer than you were yesterday.
8. The difference between who you were and who you want to be is what you do today. Keep going.
9. You’ll never regret reaching your goal. You will only regret giving up.
10. Focus on change instead of results.
If you want to make your own motivational list grab this FREE Love Your Life To the Fullest Guide.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.