5 Ways To Get The Life You Were Born To Live

5 Ways To Get The Life You Were Born To Live Hero Image

When we talk about wellness, most of us grab our green smoothie, hit the yoga mat, and meditate in bliss. But the second our Zen is over, we’re right back to the grind with our stressful jobs, toxic relationships, or just plain old insecurities.

But the stress-to-wellness yo-yo act is just a Band-Aid solution to a chronic problem. Our lives aren't made up of the few habits we do sometimes; they’re made up of the lifestyle choices we make all the time. As they say, “How you do anything is how you do everything.” So, if we’re determined to be happy, successful, and fulfilled, we have to start cultivating that lifestyle in every aspect of our lives.

Ready to build that successful lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of? It’s not that hard. You just have to give yourself permission to.

1. Trust the blueprint.

Tiny seeds have all the intelligence they’ll ever need to be 300-foot trees. You have inside you everything you’ll need to become an overwhelming success. Just because you haven’t acted on something yet doesn’t mean it’s not already inside of you. You have a success blueprint just waiting to be unleashed.

ADVERTISEMENT

So trust that you really are good enough to build the life that you’ve always wanted, then allow yourself to use the natural skills and strengths you were born with to get there.

2. Define it for yourself.

Be honest with yourself and determine exactly what your ideal lifestyle would look like to you. Real success is always unconventional because we’re unique people, and our version of success has never existed before. So figure out what's most important to you, and begin to build your life around those things.

If free time is important to you, then it might be worth taking a pay cut for a more flexible schedule. If a comfortable lifestyle matters most, then saving up for a nice home might be more your style. When you define success for yourself, you remind yourself that you’re in control of your life.

3. Make a plan and track it.

Break your definition of success into actionable steps you can track, which allow you to progress toward your goal. For me, I track finances every month and have a number in my mind that I want to reach. When I reach it, I stop taking on new clients, so I can enjoy the lifestyle I’ve built.

Maybe your plan will include writing so many articles a month, taking your loved one on a certain number of dates, or just finding opportunities to meditate. When you turn your definition into a concrete plan, you give yourself a road map to move toward it.

4. Use your resources.

Just as money probably isn’t your only definition of success, money also isn’t your only resource to get there. Consider all of the resources you have at your disposal. Maybe you can trade your services with a yoga teacher to have private sessions. Maybe you can ask your neighbor to baby-sit while you work on your new startup idea.

We all have resources around us that can help us work toward our lifestyle goals. If we lack resources, we’re just not being resourceful enough.

5. Let yourself enjoy it.

At the end of the day, it’s not about how much success you can achieve, but about how much success you can enjoy. You can only be as happy and successful as you allow yourself to be. So notice how successful your life already is. Let yourself enjoy the beauty of a sunset. Notice the softness of your partner’s skin. Smile at the thought that you are happy in this moment. It might change in the future, but — for right now — that’s enough.

Every step of the journey isn’t always fun or easy, but it takes more than a quick fix to solve a deep-rooted problem. If you want to really create the life of your dreams, you have to define exactly what that life is and give yourself permission to create it.

Success is about true wellness. It’s about incorporating it into every aspect of your life. It’s about creating a life that nourishes you, supports you, and keeps you happy.

And that can happen on or off the yoga mat. Though, I’ll admit, on is just a bit more fun.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

Explore More