Happy Birthday, Amy Poehler! 10 Quotes From One Of Our Favorite People
Comedian, actor and all-around badass Amy Poehler turns 44 today, and in honor of the inspiring work she's done over a career that includes Saturday Night Live and Parks & Recreation, we picked 10 of our favorite Amy quotes. Hopefully they'll make your day just a little bit better!
1. "I cannot stress enough that the answer to life's questions is often in people's faces."
2. "It’s very hard to put yourself out there, it’s very hard to be vulnerable, but those people who do that are the dreamers, the thinkers and the creators. They are the magic people of the world."
3. "Listen. Say yes. Live in the moment. Make sure you play with people who have your back. Make big choices early and often."
4. "The only way to find out if you're good at something is to do it."
5. "I like healthy competition. It makes you better. And when you do get what you get, you feel like you’ve really earned it."
6. "Silence and quiet is really important in our lives."
7. "Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life."
8. "If boys say something that's not funny, you don't have to laugh."
9. "Be yourself! And then tell us about it! And then let's dance!"
10. "Vulnerability is the key to happiness."