10 Latest & Greatest Dalai Lama Tweets
The Dalai Lama has been pretty active on Twitter lately, dishing out some awesome nuggets of Dalai Lama-goodness. In case you're not one of his 910,000+ followers (he still follows no one), here are some of my latest favorite tweets from His Holiness from the past few days:
- I believe that at all levels of society - family, national, and international - the key to a better, happier world is greater compassion.
- If we reserve ethical conduct for those whom we feel close to, we may neglect our responsibilities toward those outside this circle.
- Ultimately, the source of happiness and joyfulness is within ourselves.
- To my way of thinking, the diversity that exists among the various religious traditions is enormously enriching.
- The most important benefit of patience consists in the way it acts as a powerful antidote to the affliction of anger.
- If you have a sincere and open heart, you naturally feel self-worth and confidence, and there is no need to be fearful of others.
- Developing a sense of universal responsibility helps us to become sensitive to all others, not just those closest to us.
- Once our mind is more calm and joyful, then our activities can be more effective.
- Lack of contentment sows the seed of envy and aggressive competitiveness and leads to a culture of excessive materialism.
- Compassion is one of the principal things that make our lives meaningful. It is the source of all lasting happiness and joy.