10 Latest & Greatest Dalai Lama Tweets

The Dalai Lama has been pretty active on Twitter lately, dishing out some awesome nuggets of Dalai Lama-goodness. In case you're not one of his 910,000+ followers (he still follows no one), here are some of my latest favorite tweets from His Holiness from the past few days:

1. I believe that at all levels of society - family, national, and international - the key to a better, happier world is greater compassion.
  2. If we reserve ethical conduct for those whom we feel close to, we may neglect our responsibilities toward those outside this circle.
  3. Ultimately, the source of happiness and joyfulness is within ourselves.
  4. To my way of thinking, the diversity that exists among the various religious traditions is enormously enriching.
  5. The most important benefit of patience consists in the way it acts as a powerful antidote to the affliction of anger.
  6. If you have a sincere and open heart, you naturally feel self-worth and confidence, and there is no need to be fearful of others.
  7. Developing a sense of universal responsibility helps us to become sensitive to all others, not just those closest to us.
  8. Once our mind is more calm and joyful, then our activities can be more effective.
  9. Lack of contentment sows the seed of envy and aggressive competitiveness and leads to a culture of excessive materialism.
  10. Compassion is one of the principal things that make our lives meaningful. It is the source of all lasting happiness and joy.

Explore More