Tequila-Lime BBQ Chicken For Labor Day Weekend!
When I lived in sunny San Diego, tequila with lime was always one of my favorite pairings. Serve this chicken with fresh mango salsa, chips, guacamole, and some margaritas, and you've got a recipe for the perfect summer party!
Tequila-Lime BBQ Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. high-quality tequila
- 1/4 cup low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper or chili flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or drumstick
- Olive oil
In a medium bowl, whisk together tequila, soy sauce, olive oil, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and lime juice. Place chicken into marinade and coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
Preheat a clean grill or a grill pan to medium heat and lightly coat with olive oil. Place chicken gently on the grill for approximately 6 minutes on each side, cooking until firm to the touch.