5 Super-Simple Ways To Move If You Sit At A Desk All Day
For many people, the week consists of going to work, sitting in front of a computer and participating in little to no activity. This sedentary lifestyle promotes some serious physical and mental ailments.
I realize people have to work to earn a living. I also recognize that life is busy outside of work, especially if you have children. Sometimes it feels like there just isn't enough time in the day.
If you live a sedentary life, I have five very simple things you can do AT WORK, and if you give them a try, you'll start to feel better and maybe even motivated to make exercise a bigger part of your daily life.
DO IT FOR YOU!
1. If you have an hour lunch break, go for a 20-minute walk. Get a co-worker to join you for motivation.
2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible.
3. Sit up straight. Make sure your chair is supportive and that it's at an appropriate height for your desk.
4. Do some arm stretches throughout the day. You don't even need to stand up.
5. Stand up at least once an hour. Whether it's to use the restroom or to grab a glass of water, make sure you are getting out of that chair!
If you start to be mindful of moving your body throughout the day it will become second nature. Of course, eating well through the week will help you feel better overall and probably inspire you to move a little bit more. It's simple: take time to make a healthy lunch each night, add 20 minutes of exercise into your daily routine and you'll feel different in a really positive way.
It feels great to care about yourself. If you don't do it, no one will! Here's to feeling awesome everyday!
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.