3-Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches

3-Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches Hero Image

There may be nothing more refreshing on a hot day than ice cream, but most brands are packed with unnecessary fats, stabilizers and sugar. So set down that pint and pull out your blender. You can make your own healthy ice cream sandwiches in a snap!

The base for this delicious recipe is ripe, frozen bananas. They must be frozen at least 24 hours prior to making your ice cream sandwiches. Peel and place each ripe banana on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, either whole or sliced.

I freeze mine whole and break them into chunks when adding to my blender. The recipe below is very simple, but feel free to get creative with your own recipe. Add other fruits, coconut milk, spices like cinnamon or even nuts to jazz up the flavor.

Three-Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches
Makes 4 sandwiches

Ingredients

ADVERTISEMENT

• 1 ripe banana, NOT frozen
  • 2 ripe, frozen bananas
  • 5 fresh or frozen strawberries, stemmed and hulled
  • 1 cup rolled oats

Preparation

Place the ripe, not-frozen banana in a mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or back of a fork, mash the banana until gooey.

Add the rolled oats to the mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, mix the banana and oats until thoroughly combined.

Form the oat mixture into cookie balls (about 2 inches in diameter) and place two inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are firm and have a golden color. Remove from oven and allow to cool

Place the two frozen bananas and strawberries into your high-speed blender or food processor. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until no chunks remain and the mixture has a cream consistency.

Once the cookies have cooled, divide the banana ice cream by scooping onto half of the cookies. Top them with the other half of the cookies to form sandwiches.

Place the sandwiches on a parchment-lined sheet and place in your freezer for 30 minutes up to overnight until they set.

Serve cool and enjoy!

Explore More