5 Signs You're Emerging As A Feminine Leader

When I was first emerging into my feminine power, I wasn’t quite sure what was happening, and I definitely didn’t know what to call it. But the sense of realignment with a deeper, more connected, more intuitive part of myself was unmistakable. I could feel it in my bones — something big was about to happen.

I am finding that women are emerging everywhere — so many of us are coming into alignment with the truth of who we are, and we are becoming unwilling to compromise this. And the more we women commit to the authentic sharing of ourselves, the more we are going to change the current paradigms of power, leadership, and success. We do things differently, we women, and as a collective, we are emerging.

If you’re wondering whether you’re emerging as a feminine leader, you probably are. Take a look at these signposts and see if you recognize these experiences in yourself:

1. You’ve just had a major transformation.

One definition of emerging that I love is “to come into being through transformation.” Transformation is a funky-looking process toward some unknown call. Maybe you have a more graceful way of going through transformation, but for me, it can be pretty herky-jerky.

But when you’re on the other side of that, you see the world around you with a new, exhilarating clarity. You feel a wild sense of bravery, taking steps that surprise even yourself. It’s time to take this new internal alignment out into the world and see what happens. Yes, it can be a little scary when you don’t know exactly what’s going on, but you don’t need to know. Trust in the unknown is a potent and powerful trait of the feminine.

2. You’re dialed in to your intuition like never before.

Trust in the unknown doesn’t mean you have to stay in the dark. But instead of automatically turning to your brain for answers, you’re starting to trust your body. When a strategy doesn’t feel right, when a project’s getting off track, you just know, and you share that.

There’s also a feeling of expansion, excitement or flutter that can’t be ignored, and at some deeper level, you know that you’re headed in the right direction.

3. You’re looking for, and finding, your tribe.

Committing to authenticity takes immense courage, and I don’t believe it can be achieved alone. When I asked Brené Brown if community helped with this process, she said, “It’s more of a prerequisite.” We need the witnessing and reflection from others to fully step into this bravery.

When you allow yourself to be vulnerable, you begin to form relationships where you don’t have to hide select parts of yourself. And when you openly, honestly, and intimately share with others, you're infinitely more likely to remain committed to your inner truths, and much less likely to make inauthentic decisions.

It energizes me when women share their stories, and it inspires me to continue on my path toward self-alignment. Do you feel this power of connection when you listen to a woman speak her truth? Continuing this connection, forming deep relationships with like-minded seekers forms a web of support that is absolutely essential to the emerging process.

4. You’re no longer willing to compromise your true self.

The energy of emerging is like a fire. Once I knew I was not the only woman in my life who was feeling that same call, I knew that the truth could no longer be buried in order to maintain the status quo. I knew I couldn’t compromise the alignment I felt for anything. And as soon as I realized this, I began to feel my true power. I didn’t really understand what “power” meant until it became birthed from that inner alignment and the support of my tribe.

In my women’s circles, and time and time again, I’m surrounded by women who are taking courageous steps, saying, “You know what? I’ve been compromising myself my whole life, and I’m over it! Now’s my time.” This is an unstoppable trend happening on a major scale.

5. You feel called to a life that benefits others.

When you begin to say “no” to compromise, you become free to define success on your own terms. “Making it” is no longer just about getting the corner office; it means doing work that matters. This may mean going out on your own, starting a new business, or redefining your role in your current landscape.

What keeps you up at night now is not a fear of personal failure but this vision of exciting possibilities to make real and lasting impact on a local or global level. It is this attention to the elevation of opportunities for everyone that makes me believe we, as emerging women, are powerful enough to truly change the world for the better.

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!