As a holistic health coach and natural weight loss expert, I help people reinstate both physical and emotional balance in their life. Whenever I tell my clients that the approach I've developed does not only include cleansing their body and mind, but also their home, I'm often met with surprise.
Most of them have no idea to what extent the products they're using daily are messing with their hormones, emotions, and general well-being.
For this reason, one of the things we do is slowly replace all kinds of toxic junk in their cabinets with natural (DIY) alternatives, which are often a lot cheaper than their store-bought counterparts and really fun to make.
This is a super easy and inexpensive way to make each and every room in your home smell great, detox your life and balance your mind:
- Find a small Mason jar.
- Fill it for about one third with baking soda.
- Add a couple of drops of your favorite organic scented oils (I love vanilla or cinnamon).
- Put the jar on a sheet of parchment paper and draw a circle about 30% bigger than the jar.
- Cut out the circle, put it on top of the jar and fix the parchment paper with a rubber band or a strand of wool.
- Use the end of a paper clip to punch small holes into the parchment paper.
- Gently shake the jar and find it a nice place.
In my home, I use many different jars: I've got vanilla in my bathroom, lavender-scented jars in my walk-in closet to keep out moths, and in my study I use a citrus blend which helps me focus on my work.
Would you like to know more about my holistic wellness strategies? Let me know in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com