Red Pepper & Zucchini Frittata
Frittatas are a great meal to enjoy any time of the day. Make sure you squeeze a sliced lemon on this frittata to bring out the flavor. Serve cold for lunch or dinner with a salad. This will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.
Red Pepper & Zucchini Vegetable Frittata
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 medium brown onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lemon
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Spiralize zucchini to noodles (if you don't have a the right equipment for this, julienne them). Chop the red pepper to 1-inch long strips and slice onion. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Whisk 4 eggs and yolk mixture until fluffy and put aside.
3. Melt one tablespoon of coconut oil in a cast iron pan. Add turmeric, garlic powder, onion and peppers and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes until soft and fragrant. Set aside.
4. Add zucchini noodles to pan and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes. You may need to add another tablespoon of coconut oil, or you can use water if you prefer. Add the onion and red pepper back to pan and put spinach on top that will just wilt into mixture.
5. Even out vegetable mix and pour egg mixture on top. Cook for 4 minutes on medium heat until the bottom of the mixture can set in the pan.
6. Transfer the pan to oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. Cut and serve with a green salad. Squeeze a slice of fresh lemon over frittata and add salt and pepper to your liking.