Being happy can feel like a chore, especially when you're depressed, suffering from anxiety or stressed from life drama. Yet we keep trying, reaching, pining for that golden nugget to help us through the rough patches.
The truth about happiness is that it’s not a destination. It’s an opportunity to be present and practice reaching joy in the moment.
I've learned this truth firsthand from overcoming drug addiction, clinical depression and eating disorders, and from leaving a corporate career that suffocated my soul: Happiness is a choice we have to cultivate daily, moment by moment.
Many of my life coaching clients express their dissatisfaction with where they are in life. I turn their attention to the amazing things they're already doing. In our pursuit, we sometimes forget how far we've actually come.
When we can turn down the mind and drop to the heart, we can see many of us are actually doing a phenomenal job at navigating the treacherous trenches of our lives.
Life is hard when you think it is, but consider the possibility that you’re doing so much better than you give yourself credit for.
Here are 20 signs you are happier than you think:
1. Being happy is no longer a chore.
2. You no longer focus on your problems.
3. Your relationships are less dramatic.
4. You no longer complain or blame others for your situations.
5. Your dreams are coming true.
6. You know life isn't supposed to be hard.
7. You like who you are, and you know you're doing the best you can.
8. You smile often, even when you're alone.
9. You feel a sense of peace in your heart.
10. You see life as an adventure and are more comfortable in the unknown.
11. You don’t take yourself so seriously.
12. You feel your feelings and allow yourself to work through them.
13. You lean into love more than fear.
14. You're more comfortable in silence.
15. You're kind to yourself with your thoughts.
16. You allow people to be who they are instead of trying to change them.
17. You don’t take things personally. You know it isn't about you.
18. You give without expecting anything in return.
19. You take risks with your heart.
20. You don’t settle.
To make your own happiness list grab this FREE Love Your Life to The Fullest Guide.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.