In this easy midday or dinner side salad, juicy watermelon is paired with fresh mint and sheep's milk feta cheese and served over a bed of nutrient-dense organic salad greens of your choice. It’s dressed with a luscious, velvety, vegan green goddess dressing that gets its color and creaminess from a ripe avocado. Delicious any day of the week!
Watermelon, Mint & Feta Salad With Green Goddess Dressing
Makes 1-2 servings
Ingredients for the green goddess dressing:
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp. packed, fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos
- 4-7 Tbsp. water (more or less based on the size of your avocado)
- Sea salt to taste if desired (I used 1/8 tsp.)
Ingredients for the salad:
- 1 cup organic salad greens (I used a combination of baby kale, arugula, chicory and gem lettuces)
- 1/3 cup cubed fresh watermelon (remove and discard any peel)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, finely minced
- ¼ cup sheep’s milk feta (or dairy-free version if preferred)
Whisk dressing ingredients together in small bowl.
Toss salad ingredients together.
Coat with dressing to taste, and enjoy!