Raw White Chocolate Raspberry Torte (Super Easy To Make!)
Tuck into a delicious healthy alternative to a white chocolate cake with this cashew-based recipe. It really does taste the same, and it's super easy to make!
Raw White Chocolate Raspberry Torte
Yields approximately 8 servings
Ingredients for base
- 2 cups almonds (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 8-9 large medijool dates
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp celtic sea salt
Ingredients for filling
- 3 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked 6 hours)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 Tbs soy lecithin
- 1 Tbs vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
1. Combine all the ingredients for the base together in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend on medium-high until the nuts are crushed. You might have to scrape the sides several times. The crust should hold together but still have a crumbly texture.
2. Coat an 8" springform with a thin layer of coconut oil and press the base mix lightly into the bottom and sides so you form a crust. (I normally leave it in the fridge for 30min just to let it set a bit.)
3. Combine the cashews, almond milk, 1/3 cup maple syrup (the rest is for the raspberry topping), vanilla essence, and sea salt together and blend on high until it becomes creamy and smooth. This is your cake batter.
4. Melt the cacao butter and blend into the cake batter on high with the soy lecithin until mixture is smooth.
5. Pour half of the cake mixture into the crust pan.
6. Spread 1 cup raspberries over the top of the filling, then pour the other half of the cake mixture over the top
7. Gather the leftover cup of raspberries. (If you're using frozen raspberries, you'll find that as they thaw, there will be raspberry juice with a bit of ice water gathering in the bowl.) Combine the berries, plus the thaw juices with 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and blend. Spread this evenly over the top of the cake mixture.
8. Place in freezer to set for 1 to 2 hours.
9. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.