DIY: Insanely Refreshing Honey Rooibos Goji Tea
It's tea time.
With it's long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine, goji berries are one of the most nutritionally dense foods that have been enjoyed in soups and health beverages for centuries. My earliest memory of these powerful little berries go back to my mom's homemade soups. This recipe is a little sweeter and fruitier, with a cooling summer tea made from the antioxidant rich South African rooibos (also known as redbush) tea blended with red, fruity goji berries and fresh zesty lemon slices.
Adding fruit and berries to your tea is a great way to pack in some extra nutrients and antioxidants, perfect for enjoying over a hot summer day to hydrate and nourish your body.
Honey Rooibos Goji Tea
Makes one pitcher
- rooibos tea
- hot water
- raw honey, to taste
- 1/2 cup of goji berries
- ice cubes
- 2 lemons, sliced
1. Add 1-2 tea bags to half a pitcher of hot water.
2. Add honey as desired and 1/2 cup of goji berries and stir. The berries should plump and soften.
3. Fill the rest of the pitcher with ice cubes or cold water.
4. Add sliced lemons, stir and serve.
5. Add more honey as desired.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.