Luscious Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie (Gluten-Free)
We all need a decadent indulgence from time to time. Whether it’s for a celebration, or for a rainy Sunday afternoon, this chocolate cream pie is a dreamy slice of heaven! It can be served to those skeptic of vegan and gluten-free desserts and children with rave response. You'll smile knowing it’s loaded with protein and super food fuel.
Luscious Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or coconut palm sugar syrup
- 1/2 cup organic raw cashew butter (you can use any variation of nut butter but I suggest keeping it raw to optimize nutrients)
- 3 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 packages (14 oz. each) of organic tofu
- 3 cups of flour made from gluten-free graham crackers or gluten-free ginger snaps
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil (for a sturdier crust you can use a vegan butter substitute)
- 1 handful of goji berries, cacao nibs and organic raspberries for décor
Gluten-free crust: first make a flour out of the gluten-free ginger snaps or graham crackers in a food processor. Add in coconut oil (or vegan butter substitute) until blended. Then press into the bottom and sides of a 9½ inch pie glass. Make sure to keep the sides thick all the way to the top of the pie pan. Place in the refrigerator.
Chocolate cream filling: in a food processor, blend the organic tofu and cashew butter until creamy and smooth. Take out a tablespoon or two of this “tofu-cream” and set aside for décor. Now add the coconut sugar, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, a pinch of Himalayan salt and blend completely until smooth. Spoon filling into cooled pie crust.
Décor: put the dollop of “tofu-cream” in the middle, on top of the pie. Decorate with fresh raspberries. Now let it rain superfoods and sprinkle goji berries and cacao nibs over the top with your own creative flair. Of course any little helpers would love this job, too!
The finished pie should be refrigerated for at least 30 minutes to set!
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.