Cheers to honoring our body like the temple that it is, by feeding it pure, clean food. Because if you feel like crap, all of the magic of life seems a little less ... magical.
Gluten-Free Eggplant Lasagna
Ingredients for the Eggplant
- 2 large eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water (59ml)
- Small sprinkle of salt and pepper
Directions for Eggplant
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Place the eggplant on a baking sheet (or a few baking sheets) and distribute the water evenly over each piece of eggplant.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and place in the oven.
Bake for 10 minutes, take out and set aside.
Ingredients for the Vegan Ricotta
- 1 package firm tofu (14 oz. / 397g)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (25g)
- 1 heaping tsp. garlic powder (6g)
- 1 heaping tsp. dried dill
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt (5g)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (15ml)
- 1/2 cup water (120ml)
Crumble the tofu in a mixing bowl until there are no big pieces.
Add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, dried dill, sea salt, apple cider vinegar and water.
Stir until everything is combined.
Set aside for now.
For the Veggie Mixture
- 1/4 cup water for sauteing
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 cups mushrooms, sliced (385g)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (4g)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped (15g)
- 1 bunch spinach, wash and chop into large pieces.
Directions for Veggie Mixture
Place water in a large skillet and heat until it just starts to steam.
Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring intermittently to make sure they don’t stick.
Add the mushrooms, sea salt and parsley and saute for an additional 3 minutes.
Add the spinach, turn off heat and stir until the spinach is combined.
Set aside for now.
For the Marinara Sauce
- 3 1/2 cups marinara sauce (buy or make your favorite) (945g)
Make the eggplant
Make the vegan ricotta
Make the veggies
Make sure the oven is at 350°F (175°C).
Evenly spread 1/2 cup of marinara sauce (135g) on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and layer evenly as follows:
- single layer of eggplant over the sauce
- 1/2 of the veggie mixture
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce (135g)
- layer of eggplant
- remaining veggies
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (135g)
- remaining eggplant
- all of the ricotta
- 2 cups of marinara sauce (540g)
Place in the oven uncovered and bake for 30 minutes.