In the winter I love to make warm noodle dishes, especially pad Thai. Here's a summertime twist on my favorite noodle dish: (Mostly) Raw Pad Thai Salad.
For a traditional pad Thai flavor, I recommend using peanut butter as the nut butter and peanuts as the chopped nuts. If you would like to make the dish a little more raw, try using raw almond or cashew butter and chopped raw almonds or cashews. It will be delicious with any combination!
Raw Pad Thai Salad
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin slices or spiralized
- 2 carrots, cut into thin slices or spiraled
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame (thawed if frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped nuts of your choice (I like cashews)
for the dressing
- juice of 1 lime (can substitute lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. nut butter of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. +1 tsp. gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce if gluten isn't a concern)
- optional: 1 tsp. agave or sweetener of your choice
Combine all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or cup.
In a large bowl, combine zucchini, carrots, spinach, onion and edamame. Add dressing and mix thoroughly.
Transfer to plates and top with chopped nuts.