30 Simple Ways To Relax (Without Going On Vacation)
Maybe you've recently thought of taking a vacation, but there are tons of to-do lists piling on your table. Well, never mind. You can still unwind every day without packing your luggage and traveling overseas.
The key is to accept that you don’t need to work overtime every day. You don’t have to be there for your boss or customers all the time; you don’t have to be a superman or superwoman. Allow yourself to be slow, lazy or unproductive when you're off duty.
Here are the simple things that you can do after work to relax and refresh yourself:
1. Take your watch off, because the time is yours now — no rush.
2. Turn off your phone and tablet for peace of mind.
3. Take a stroll or jog around a park.
4. Walk leisurely, feel your steps, and enjoy the wind.
5. Look at the trees and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature.
6. Listen to the birds chirping and ignore your mental noise.
7. Visit a new mall or shop.
8. Shop for fresh, healthy foods.
9. Gather with your friends.
10. Try a different route back home.
11. Drive slowly.
12. Sing along with the radio.
13. Talk to your neighbors.
14. Do some simple housework.
15. Water your plants and notice how much they’ve grown up.
16. Cook and eat together with your family.
17. Experiment with new recipes.
18. Have light dinner, or try a vegetarian meal.
19. Soak yourself in a bathtub; take time to clean yourself thoroughly.
20. Play with your pet.
21. Watch comedies to have a good laugh.
22. Read a book.
24. Write in a diary.
25. Massage yourself with herbal oils.
26. Bask in the moonlight.
27. Indulge in the sounds of insects.
28. Meditate to clear your mind.
29. Have a cup of warm milk or soothing tea.
30. Sleep early.
So, do you have other tips to relax yourself? Please share in the comments.