10-Minute Vegan Taco Salad!

Salads can be so boring. Or, they can be really fun and full of flavors like my vegan taco salad!

I love making a big, hearty salad for dinner for so many reasons.

• They're versatile. Love using what I find at the farmers market!
  • They're a complete meal (just need to add some protein and healthy fats) and a great way to get lots of veggies in.
  • They're really filling, yet aren’t too heavy, so they help me maintain my weight.
  • They store well (without dressing on them) so I’ll often make a double batch for lunches for the next day.

The next time you go to make a salad, give my Vegan Taco Salad a try for a fun, flavorful twist!

Vegan Taco Salad with Spicy Lime Vinaigrette

Serves 2

Ingredients

• 1 medium head of organic romaine lettuce
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1 8-ounce package of organic, non-GMO tempeh
  • 1 cup organic, non-GMO corn
  • 2 Tbsp. diced sweet onion
  • 1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • Optional: 1 cup cooked quinoa for an added protein boost, other dark leafy greens, or micogreens or pea shoots for an added nutrient boost

For the dressing

• 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup, grade B if possible
  • 1 Tbsp. organic, cold-pressed olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Directions:

Wash and prepare all vegetables.

Heat a medium sized skillet on the stove top over medium heat. Crumble the tempeh into the skillet and season with the cayenne pepper. You may also want to use a touch of olive oil or coconut oil to prevent the tempeh from sticking to the skillet. Cook the tempeh until it has warmed through, about 5-7 minutes.

While the tempeh is cooking, chop the lettuce and prepare the salad dressing.

In a large bowl place 1/2 of the lettuce and the other veggies, 1/2 of the tempeh, and drizzle with dressing. Repeat with another large bowl.

Enjoy!

Explore More