Cheers to humming in the kitchen while turning single ingredients into magic for the palate.
And maybe humming becomes full on singing, and then you start to shake your booty, and all of a sudden, you have yourself a solo dance party in your kitchen.
Don’t resist the urge, dancing and singing will make your food even more delectable!
Cheers to dancing like no one’s watching.
Vegan Smoked Cheddar Spread
- 1 cup almonds, soaked for 1 hour, or until you can pop the skin off from them (155g)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (15ml)
- 1 Tbsp. peeled and chopped fresh turmeric (10g)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (2g)
- 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke (1.2ml)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (4g)
- 1/4 cup water, plus 1 Tbsp. (75ml)
After the almonds have soaked, remove the skin from each one (think of this as a mediation, and enjoy).
Place the almonds, along with the lemon juice, turmeric, paprika, liquid smoke, sea salt and water in a food processor and process until creamy and smooth, about 5 minutes.
Turn off the food processor intermittently and scrape down the sides so that all of the ingredients get incorporated.
Chill for at least 30 minutes before diving in (face first).
To find out more about Molly and the awesome work she’s doing in the world, check out her website, boldvegan.com.