17 Self-Help Books Everyone Should Read
Some say self-help books were first written in the Egyptian era, others are of the opinion they came into being from the fourteenth century, while others call the Bible the first of such books. Whatever the exact origin, self-help books are written to help troubled individuals cope and deal with their respective problems.
These are some of my must-read books. They changed my life from a shy single guy cleaning school floors, to someone in a happy relationship running a successful business from home. Enjoy:
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
A modern classic that focuses on seven key habits a person must practice to attain great personal development. Nearly every personal development blog makes reference to this book.
2. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
The book brings forward the incredible world of introverts who prefer listening to speaking. A must-read if you consider yourself an introvert or interact with people who seem quiet.
3. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle
This book captivates readers with the idea of detaching one’s ego and attaining spiritual freedom.
This book is extremely relevant to our contemporary world. It shows you how to master your emotions and take control of your life.
5. The 5 Languages of Love: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
This book explores an underlying dynamic in all of your personal relationships. People communicate and feel loved in different ways. Understand how to love and be loved with this this book, which comes highly recommended by counselors.
6. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
One of the few books that can truly help you to learn to better communicate with your kids.
7. The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living by Nick Ortner
This book is both inspiring and informative. You get essential tools to successfully get started with the practice of tapping known as the Emotional Freedom Technique.
8. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Is a powerful book that guides you through your subconscious and teaches you how to break a bad habit and nurture the good ones.
9. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Get the fundamental aspects of human nature and be reminded of the simple truths that we all know but hardly acknowledge.
10. How to Develop Self-Confidence and Influence People by Public Speaking by Dale Carnegie
This book provides us with hundreds of valuable tips on how to overcome the fear of public speaking and do it well.
This book explains the deeply psychological reasons behind the ill habit of procrastination and how to overcome this habit. I particularly loved his idea of eating your ugliest frog first thing in the day.
12. Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern
This book outlines simple and effective plans which help the readers to break disorganization.
13. Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
A prisoner of war explains his journey and how you can walk forward in life with renewed purpose. A terrifying and life-changing read.
14. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Hill researches almost fifty millionaires to assess how to use your personal strengths to reap maximum benefit. Many experts recommend this book for more than wealth.
15. Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Life by Martin Seligman
An inspirational book on the positive effects of optimism and how to achieve it. Optimism is more than seeing the glass half full.
16. The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness by Stephen R. Covey
A follow up by Covey covering the intricacies of relationships and how to handle them in a proper manner.
17. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
You learn why you should bring your mind into the present moment and how to do it. A book that can impact every minute of your life.
Get inspired and motivated as you indulge in this collection and most importantly, act on what you learn!
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.