I love developing new salads to keep lunch and dinner interesting. Along with creating a great-tasting salad, it's important to create one that's also nutritious and filling. This dish provides an abundance of protein, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C. It is also rich in fiber and contains a plethora of antioxidants. Dare I call this a power salad?
Quinoa and Egg Salad
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup Swiss chard, washed and stems removed
- 1 cup romaine lettuce or other leafy green, washed and stems removed
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and sliced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine quinoa, Swiss chard, romaine, and tomatoes.
Top with dressing and mix until coated.
Divide on to two plates.
Top with hardboiled eggs and serve.
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy You! 14 Days to Quick and Permanent Weight Loss and a Healthier, Happier You.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com