Quick-&-Easy Weeknight Dinner: Spicy Guacamole Bowl
Bring spring inside the office with this spicy, yet refreshing guacamole bowl. The best part about this bowl besides it's beautiful color is it's adaptability. Swap out couscous for quinoa or brown rice and experiment with adding various vegetables like kale or spinach. The possibilities are endless!
Spicy Guacamole Bowl
- 2/3 cup couscous, cooked (can be made ahead of time)
- 1/3 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1/3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. spicy guacamole (see recipe below)
- Juice of one lime
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Coconut oil or ghee for sauteing
Sauté asparagus and zucchini in a small skillet on medium-high for 2-3 minutes using coconut oil or ghee, until the vegetables become bright green.
Combine couscous, asparagus and zucchini in a bowl. Top with guacamole, lime juice, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- 2 Avocados, peeled, pitted
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped with stems
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Using a fork, mash avocados and lime juice together. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.