Detoxifying Miso Soup With Burdock, Daikon & Mushrooms
Cheers to feeling grounded, focused, centered and vibrant. Cheers also to the days that we're off. To the days when we don't have that spark, when all we want to do, is be in bed. We're human so we will have those days and it's OK. Honor them, feel them, be easy on yourself and know that tomorrow is another day.
A Detoxifying Miso Soup That Tastes So Good You'll Weep
- 1 tsp. sesame oil (5ml)
- 1 Tbsp ginger, peeled and chopped (8g)
- 1/2 cup burdock, outer skin peeled and cut into 1-inch matchsticks (50g)
- 1 cup daikon, cut into thin rounds and then cut into quarters (130g)
- 1/2 cup carrot, sliced into thin rounds (70g)
- 6 cups water (1.4 liter)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (70g)
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled organic edamame beans
- 1/4 cup organic dark miso (60g)
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, chopped (20g)
Heat sesame oil and saute ginger, burdock, daikon and carrot for 3 minutes on medium heat.
Add water and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 10 minutes and turn off heat.
Add edamame, miso and scallions and cover the pot with a lid for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, stir the soup. If all of the miso is not yet dissolved then use a whisk and gently whisk until miso is entirely dissolved.
To find out more about Molly and what she’s doing, check out her website at www.boldvegan.com.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.