Interested in trying out vegetarianism, veganism or simply looking to add more plant-based food to your diet? Find out just how easy, delicious and energize eating plant-based food can be with this one-day meal plan! (Includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert!)
Green Smoothie Superfood Bowl (1 Serving)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. chopped nuts of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs
Blend banana, blueberries, flaxseed, spinach and milk in blender until completely smooth. Transfer to bowl and top with coconut, nuts and cacao nibs. Enjoy with a spoon.
(Mostly) Raw Pad Thai Salad (1 Serving)
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, spiralized or cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cabbage, chopped
- handful of bean sprouts
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 avocado, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter (can also use almond, cashew or sunflower butter)
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. agave
- 1 Tbsp. chopped peanuts or cashews
To prepare dressing, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and agave. Combine dressing with remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili (4 Servings)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked blacked beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Combine vegetable broth, 1 cup of black beans (reserve the other cup) and tomato paste in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and put aside. Heat coconut oil in a large pot at medium high. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes (stirring occasionally), until onions are translucent. Add broth/black bean mixture to the pot and bring to a boil. Add celery, carrots, sweet potato and simmer, stirring every couple of minutes.
After 15 minutes, stir in soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Let simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve over brown rice and enjoy!
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas or one 15 oz can
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, carob chips or cacao nibs
Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, agave, baking powder and salt in blender until mostly smooth. The batter will be a little thick so you may need to scrape the sides down a couple of times. Transfer batter to a medium bowl and mix in oats and chocolate.
Wet hands and roll batter into balls about 1.5″ thick. Place on baking sheet 1″ apart. Use the palm of your hand to slightly flatten balls on top.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, until cookies are firm on edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before enjoying. Makes about 16 cookies.
There you go! Eating plant-based is as easy and delicious as that! Bon appetite!
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com