DIY: Lavish Your Hair With This Avocado Mask
I live in Boulder, Colorado, 5,420 feet above sea level. Can you say DRY and BRUTAL for my hair, skin, and nails? I remember the sheen and body I'd see in my hair when I lived on the East coast during spring and summer. Out here, my wannabe luscious locks begin to look like lonely shriveled branches.
Years ago, I'd use hot oil treatments in my hair, until I found out how toxic most of them were. Now I've got my own version: I treat my hair with an avocado mask. Avocado oil is so nourishing and hydrating. It does wonders for your skin and is even better for your scalp.
To beat the winter dull, here's my recipe
What You'll Need
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 5 drops geranium essential oil (said to promote emotional balance, mood elevation, and skin health)
What To Do
1. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth.
2. Using a basting brush or professional color application brush (available at beauty-supply stores or online), paint on your hair, then squeeze to distribute evenly.
3. Leave on for 30 minutes and then shampoo out completely.
Your hair will feel thicker, fuller, smooth, and silky. I have just given you my secret weapon against dry and brittle hair … What do you do to hydrate your hair? I'd love to hear from you!
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.