10 Inspirational Mantras To Help You Reconnect With Your Dreams
Have you ever told someone about your goal, and received a less-than-supportive response? This happens a lot when we start making goals and seeing them come true. Whatever your goal, if you decide to travel to Bali for a few months, quit your corporate job (go, you, go!), run your first 10K, or you're finally ready to write that novel, dreams take courage.
Dreaming can be risky, and when we act on our dreams, the risk is often amplified by others. Dreamers set the stage for what is possible, they paint a picture of an ideal life, and, for some this creates fear as they battle with their own lost hopes and desires.
Many of us don’t give ourselves permission to dream big enough. If you're dreaming, you are a visionary; someone stepping into the brave new world of “I MATTER and my dreams are worth it.” Give yourself credit; what you're doing is amazing!
Your job and mission as a dreamer is not to be derailed by unsupportive people.
Be confident in your own heart’s desires. The more confident you are in your dreams, the less you'll need others' approval. The truth is, not everyone will support you. Not everyone’s dreams fit for everyone. The best thing you can do as a supportive friend and dreamer is to be happy for other dreamers by supporting what makes them happy, and doing things in your own life that make you happy.
As a dreamer your job is not to get everyone on board with your plan, but to actualize your plan. Focus on actionable steps that will make your goals a reality.
If you're dreaming and looking for support for your dreams, turn inward. Your heart will be the best cheerleader to help you get to where you really want to be. When you start leading your life with your dreams in full focus, you will see those people in your life that really matter rise with you and fully support you.
If you want a little motivation for making your dreams come true, here are some mantras from my book Find Your Happy.
1. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.
2. Your time is too valuable to be distracted by negative people. Don’t let anyone talk you out of your dreams.
3. Don’t tell people your dreams, show them.
4. Dreams don’t have an expiration date; pick yourself up and try again. Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t.
5. A dream is a wish from your heart; you owe it to yourself to follow through.
6. Don’t be a victim to the harassment of your problems; be guided by your dreams.
7. Don’t let anyone who gave up their dreams talk you out of yours.
8. The most awesome pleasure in life is doing what others said you couldn’t do.
9. Set dreams so big you have to grow into the person to achieve them.
10. Believe in the person you are becoming, your dreams matter.
If you want help creating a dream list grab this FREE Love Your Life to The Fullest Guide.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.