Easy-To-Make Strawberry-Basil Ice Cubes
We all know we should drink more water. Yet, some of us struggle to get our eight glasses a day because the taste of water is boring.
These delicious ice cubes will brighten up any glass of water, with a refreshing taste and a fun look. Plus, they're easy to make.
Strawberry-Basil Ice Cubes
Makes 32 cubes
- 1 handful organic basil
- 2 cups organic strawberries
- 2 ice cube trays
- Filtered water
1. Puree fresh strawberries with a small amount of water.
2. Once you have a thick, but pourable strawberry blend, fill one ice cube tray.
3. Finely chop your basil. Take a moment to enjoy the fragrance.
4. Fill the second ice cube tray halfway with water. Freeze for 20 minutes.
5. Top the second tray with basil and add water until it's full. Continue to freeze until frozen solid.
Use filtered water to make your ice cubes healthier and better-tasting. They will also be clearer, making the basil really stand out.
Enjoy this recipe and please share your ice cube innovations in the comments below.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.