It's no secret that Pilates studios are popping up all over the country as Pilates continues to gain in popularity. The San Francisco 49ers, Jennifer Aniston, Kim Cattrall, Madonna and many other celebrity and sports icons have practiced Pilates. It looks like the Kegel is here to stay.
The good news is that Pilates has numerous health benefits:
- Pilates strengthens your "core," your abdominal and spinal muscles, which are your "Pilates Powerhouse" muscles.
- Pilates tones your body and helps you develop long and lean muscles.
- Pilates helps you learn to better control your posture and alignment. Your body will become safer and more efficient in its movement.
- Pilates increases your flexibility.
- Pilates helps you develop a mind / body connections, which increase your awareness of your body.
- Pilates encourages you to focus on breath, which can decrease stress anxiety and muscle tension.
Photo Credit: Stocksy