3 Steps To Stop Getting In The Way Of What You Really Want

3 Steps To Stop Getting In The Way Of What You Really Want Hero Image

Sometimes we block ourselves from getting what we really want by expending all the energy we have holding on to it.

Over the past few months I've been strangling my dream of getting a book deal. My book deal seems to be just outside my reach. My agent has been pitching my next book, The Mental Makeover, and with each day that passes that doesn’t bring “good” news, my ego creeps in and starts to sabotage my confidence. I begin to doubt myself and over-analyze the situation.

Essentially, I've been blocking the book deal because I'm in my own way!

Can you relate? Is there something you want so badly that you’re convinced that only when you get it will you be happy? A relationship, a better job, a number on the scale, more money, a book deal, a new home, the big promotion? Whatever it may be, perhaps you're strangling your dream by holding on too tightly.

How do you know if you're in your own way? Does it seem that until this elusive dream comes true, your life is on hold? It may feel like your life isn't complete, or you're off track because you haven’t achieved your goal. Through the process of striving for this book deal, I've gained some valuable insights into getting out of your own way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Step 1: Act as if it's already here — you’ve achieved it!

Step 2: Allow yourself to be really present and treasure the experiences of the process of achieving it!

Step 3: Embrace the transformation.

For the next few weeks, act as if you already have what it is you desire. This means that you start writing that gorgeous book, you practice filling up your love tank to give yourself the love you crave, and that you treat your body with healthy food and feel good from the inside out.

The next step is to embrace the transformation. If you feel uneasy because you're not where you want to be, or you don’t have what you want, consider this:

If you stop chasing what your mind wants, you'll get what your soul needs.

True transformation takes time, and on our journey to living life to its fullest, we should be making dreams that are so big we have to grow into them. This is why it takes a little time for us to transform into the person we need to be in order to be ready to receive with open our arms our big dream. The only thing left to do is to trust.

Enjoy the ride and believe your dream is on its way to you. Because it is! When you let go of when and how it will come, it will arrive naturally and at the right time for you.

And if you still feel the uncomfortable with the struggle of waiting, remember this:

The newborn butterfly also struggles to open its wings so it can conjure up the strength to fly. So, too, for you, this little time of struggle will provide you with the strength and capabilities to embrace the next grand chapter of your life.

After note: After applying these simple steps to my own life, while this article was in editing I received a book deal.

If you want more guidance on making your goals come grab this FREE Love your Life to The fullest Guide.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com