Navy Bean & Asparagus Salad
Delicious, refreshing and filling. What more could you want? I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do!
Healthy You! Navy Bean and Asparagus Salad
- 16 oz can navy beans, rinsed (organic, low sodium if possible)
- 1 bunch (approximately 12-16 asparagus, tips only)
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped or torn, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium saucepan with steamer basket, bring one inch water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover and steam for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Let cool after steaming.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, asparagus tips, tomatoes, scallions and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and gently toss.
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy You! 14 Days to Quick and Permanent Weight Loss and a Healthier, Happier You.