DIY: Rejuvenate Your Skin With This Green Tea Mask!
So we all know about the wonderful benefits of green tea—tons of polyphenols that provide protection from UV rays and have potent anti-inflammatory effects.
More recently, polyphenols in green tea have been shown to decrease sebum production and this decrease the development of acne.
As a budding dermatologist, I like to create own organic skin care products (before I finish residency and start my own integrative dermatology practice).
I hope you enjoy!
Matcha Green Tea Mask
Fun fact: Essentially you only need matcha green tea, but I added some extra boosts. Organic ingredients preferred.
- Matcha green tea
- Drop of essential oils (I used lavender and lemongrass)
- Rose water (from tea bag)
- Fresh coconut water (can use regular water)
- Cacao powder (also packed with polyphenols)
- Turmeric powder (anti-inflammatory effects are potent)
1. Mix in a bowl until you reach the desire consistency. (Must be thick enough to apply.)
2. Apply on your face and neck. Let sit for 20 minutes.
NOW COMES THE FUN PART!
3. Play soothing music, meditate, etc. Relax and let the rejuvenating effects take place! (Cucumbers over your eyes are good touch.)
4. Gently rinse your skin with a warm towel. (Don't rub.)
5. Apply a moisturizer. (I used a resveratrol serum, and Vitamin C + Vitamin E are also good choices.)
And voila! Fresh, healthy clear beautiful skin!!
Repeat at least once a week.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.