Incredibly Quick-&-Easy Spiced Avocado Snack
This is fast food at its best.
Make the spice mix in advance and throw it in your bag along with an avocado, and you’ll be ready for anything. Even people who typically don’t find the appeal in eating avocados will be happy to have this snack!
Spiced Avocado Snack (Plus eight situations you would be happy to have it)
Spice Mix Ingredients:
- 4 tsp. garlic granules
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Place spices in a small container with a lid and shake until everything is combined.
Cut open an avocado and take out the seed.
Sprinkle the spice mix over the avocado and eat directly with a spoon.
Here are eight possible scenarios that you might find yourself in that would make you happy to have this snack:
1. You're on a road trip and you are starving and your choices are McGross Out or greasy diner hell where the waitresses still smoke when they take your order.
2. You're in an airport and you don’t feel like throwing down $15 for a wilted salad that's yearning to go in the compost, not in your belly.
3. When you're too busy to spend any more time on food than the time it takes to cut open an avocado.
4. After a party when you drank a little too much, you need nourishment before bed and making mac and cheese is out of the question (for the love, be careful cutting the thing open, though).
5. When you're camping, hiking, rock climbing.
6. When you’re visiting Kansas and your relative’s idea of healthy eating involves low sodium spam and fat-free anything.
7. When you want to impress someone with a snack and you are pointless in the kitchen.
8. When you’re an adult and you have braces.
9. When you have no bowls or plates to eat from, but you do have a spoon.
If you like this tip, be sure to share it with your friends (let’s revolutionize how people think about “fast food”).
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.