5 Tips To Lower Your Stress Levels Immediately

If you’re like most people on the planet, stress will be something you encounter on a daily basis. We seem to go from day to day with enormous levels of stress bearing down on our shoulders, at times making life feel impossible. If this situation sounds all too familiar to you, I have a news flash for you:

LIFE IS NOT MEANT TO BE STRESSFUL.

In fact, life is meant to be fun! Really. I know this sounds too good to be true, but believe me, it’s real. But only if you’re willing to make a few changes.

You see, stress isn't our natural state — it’s not the way we should feel every day. The stress response should only be triggered when we face a life-threatening, dangerous situation — such as an angry bear or a tiger! It wasn't designed to be triggered day in and day out, and it’s actually detrimental to our health.

The good news is there are ways around this. I’ve lowered my personal stress levels by 90% over the last few years, and life really does become much smoother when you figure this stuff out. Really, there's no need for us to be stressed. We're not designed for stress, stress does not have to be our way of life and we certainly don’t have to be stressed to achieve things in life.

Now that I’m living a less stressful life, I want to teach as many people as I can about how they can live like this, too. Nothing makes me happier than helping others free themselves from stress.

I’m going to share with you a couple of tips, from my LESS STRESS course, that will get you lowering your stress levels immediately.

You deserve to live a stress-free, happy life. Make a start by trying out these five short steps.

1. Become aware.

Most of us are so used to being in a stress state that we aren't even aware when it happens to us. Take note and see how many times you catch yourself having stressful thoughts each day. Once we're aware of our own stress states, we can start to make changes.

2. Change the way you view stress.

As I mentioned earlier, life isn't meant to be stressful, so it’s important to start changing the way you view stress. Decide that for you, stress will no longer be something you face every single day. Instead, you'll only allow yourself to be stressed during situations that warrant such a response. Remember the health risks associated with stress to motivate you.

3. Take action.

Instead of feeling helpless when things don’t go your way, take control of your situation by taking action. What most of us do when we face a challenge or problem is go into a state of over-analysis. This is very dangerous because it keeps us in our heads and stops us form taking our power back. Next time you notice yourself in a state of over-analysis, stop and pick one thing that you can do right now to take control of your situation.

4. Count to 10.

Before you say something you might regret, calm yourself down by counting to 10. This is a simple method to overcome any frustration or anger that pops up as a result of a stressful situation. You’ll find that by the time you reach 10, you’ll feel a lot calmer and less likely to do something you regret.

5. Say no.

People-pleasing is a one-way ticket to stress, because guess what: You can’t please all the people all the time! You’re fighting a losing battle right there. Learn to say no more often. If you’re worried that people won’t like you as much for saying no, think again. In my experience, people like and respect you more if you're honest with them instead of overcommitting yourself and canceling things at the last minute.

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!