Chickpea Salad With Lemon And Mint
The ingredients and flavors in this salad are perfect! On it’s own or as a side, this recipe will fill you up and leave you smiling!
Chickpea Salad with Lemon and Mint
- 1 15-oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (use organic, low sodium if possible)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped or julienned
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper for dressing. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber, scallion and mint. Add dressing and toss to coat.
3. For added flavor, refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving.
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy You! 14 Days to Quick and Permanent Weight Loss and a Healthier, Happier You.