Veggie Sandwich In A Snap (Easy, Healthy, & Budget Friendly)
Here's a quick, warm veggie sandwich that’s great for lunch or a snack. My kids love to build their own and I love getting them in the kitchen.
I always stock a box of veggie burgers in the freezer. That makes putting together one of these yummy veggie sandwiches a snap!
Warm Veggie Burger In A Snap
- 2 slices sprouted grain bread
- 1-2 Tbs olive
- One veggie patty (Check labels to find a brand that's right for you. I like Amy's Kitchen and Dr. Praeger's)
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced mushrooms
- Spinach leaves or salad greens
- Sliced cheese or vegan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Toast bread. Heat oil in skillet and cook patty.
Moisten toast with a little olive oil then drizzle on dressing. Add patty and start building your sandwich with veggies. Drizzle on the rest of dressing. If adding cheese, leave off top half of bread and melt cheese under broiler or in toaster oven.
Add a pinch of salt and pepper and add remaining bread.
Serve with some fresh cut seasonal veggies on the side.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.