While you can’t be relaxed in every moment, employing stress-releasing rituals to create balance and harmony is a must. It’s important to keep daily stress to a minimum or else it can turn into a more serious illness. One of the easiest and most relaxing ways to release stress is to take a healing salt bath.
Remember how you felt the last time you took a swim in the ocean? Most likely, you felt both refreshed and exhilarated. You can simulate the experience and cleanse yourself at the same time by taking a few baths every week.
A bath is a great transition ritual after coming home from work to relax into your evening. You only need three natural ingredients for a quick stress release and an energetic pick-me up. If you’ve been upset by a person or situation, feel nervous about a present problem or anticipating a future decision, you can take this time in a bath to meditate, listen to spiritual music, do a healing visualization, or read the gratitude prayer below.
Salt. For centuries, sea salt has been used for cleansing and it’s one of the best remedies for clearing unhealthy energy, both physically and emotionally. Different from Epsom salt (which is great for sore muscles), sea salt disintegrates dirty energy. Dirty energy is associated with stress, pain, anger, fear and negative emotions. You can buy bulk sea salt online, get it from a local grocery store, or (when in a pinch) use regular table salt from your pantry.
Lavender essential oil. Lavender is one of the best remedies for clearing emotional upset. The color vibration of lavender lessens the emotional charge and relaxes the nervous system. The aromatherapy benefits of lavender have also been shown to relieve tension. In fact, the University of Maryland Medical Center states "research has confirmed that lavender produces slight calming, soothing, and sedative effects when its scent is inhaled."
Organic argan oil. 100% pure organic argan oil from Morocco is extremely healing and infuses the skin with loads of anti-oxidants, protecting it from unhealthy free radicals. The skin is the largest organ in your body and when you are relaxing in a warm bath, your skin easily absorbs the vitamins, nutrients and essential fatty acids in the argan oil. It will also soften and moisturize every inch of your body, hair and scalp. You can apply it after the bath for extra hydration as well. (Click here for 10 ways to use Argan oil in your daily beauty routine.)
Directions for your healing salt bath:
1. Draw a warm bath and put two to three cups of sea salt in the water.
2. Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
3. Add a dropper full of pure, organic argan oil.
4. Relax in the salt bath for at least 20 minutes.
5. Make sure that the majority of your body is covered with the salt water at some point during bathing.
6. Visualize healing white light filling your entire body. Imagine that the light is flushing all physical, emotional, and mental stress out of your hands and feet and being disintegrated immediately.
7. Say, “Thank you for cleansing and healing my whole body now!” three times.
8. Bonus prayer: To go the extra mile in self-care, you can say a prayer for whole body blessings while you bathe. Print and laminate it. It’s a wonderful way to get in a state of gratitude for your beautiful body and invoke blessings for well-being.
Salt baths have been my go-to stress reliever. They're one of the most enjoyable ways to enhance your quality of life. Soak your stress away.