If you live a busy life, then it's vital that you learn how to reduce stress, and thus, decrease your risk of suffering stress-related health problems.

Stress played a major part in my own body breakdown. But, as I learned new ways of stress-free living, not only did I heal my body naturally, I also lost over 60 pounds (about 25 kgs) in the process! Doing yoga helped me to shift my thoughts and emotions, which naturally changed my stress levels.

Yoga has the ability to reduce stress levels naturally. Here are 3 reasons why:

1. Yoga increases oxygen in the body.

Your breath is responsible for bringing more oxygen into your body. As you practice yoga, you'll begin to place attention on your breath. By doing this, you can start to take longer, fuller and deeper breaths. When your stress levels are high, your breathing rate quickens and the breath becomes very shallow. When stress levels are reduced, the breath becomes slower and deeper. As you learn how to slow your breath, you naturally reduce stress.

ADVERTISEMENT

2. Yoga increases blood flow in the body.

Did you know that the health of your blood is a key indicator in determining your vitality and wellbeing? Your body is in a constant process of cleansing and detoxification. One of the ways it does this is through constant renewal and purification of your blood.

The cleaner and less congested your blood is, the healthier you'll feel. Yoga encourages your body to naturally release and remove waste, including old, damaged blood cells. The healthier your blood is, the healthier your cells will be, and as a result, the better you'll feel!

3. Yoga decreases mental and emotional stress.

Not only is yoga a physical practice, but it can also include mental and emotional practices that strengthen you from within (such as intention, visualization, and meditation). These practices actively engage and relax the mind, working with the internal world of your thoughts and emotions.

By engaging in a regular yoga practice, you can reduce stress levels naturally by bringing a sense of calm and ‘quietness’ to your internal world. This will allow you to experience more wellbeing, inner peace and happiness.

If you want to feel healthy and have more energy naturally, simply take a look at your current stress levels.

By the simple act of starting a regular yoga practice, you can take back control of your health today.

If you'd like to reduce stress, I suggest you get started with a gentle form of yoga. One of my favorite routines is the Evening Yoga Practice in the Yoga for Weight Loss program. Find out more about it here.

Explore More