I know how food can disappear in a matter of minutes, but making more (which takes the same amount of time as making less!) and having leftovers sure makes life easier! Something I usually have leftover this time of year is pumpkin!
My baked pumpkin oatmeal is so yummy, healthy and handy because you can make it in advance and enjoy it all week! You can also freeze some, so on a day when you don't want to cook breakfast or find a snack, just take one out to thaw (or heat in a toaster) and enjoy!
Baked Pumpkin-Spiced Oatmeal (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Serves: about 8-12
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 ½ cup organic pumpkin puree**
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix oats, pepitas and spices together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil and almond milk together in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the oatmeal cakes cool on a wire rack or plate.
** If you’re using up leftover pumpkin puree, using less than 1 ½ cup is OK, too, but I don’t recommend going below ¾ cup.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com