Not sure what to do with those leftovers? Try this delicious frittata! It's easy to cook, and makes for a tasty breakfast or lunch when you're on the go. Frittatas are an excellent vehicle for extra hearty greens, mushrooms, and herbs.
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz wild mushrooms
- 1 cup whole Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved
- 1 bunch kale, leaved de-stemmed and cut into ribbons
- 10 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chevré or preferred cheese (optional)
- almond milk (optional)
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat a large non-stick pan on medium high heat. Add 2 T. oil to the pan. Then add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Add in the mushrooms and Brussels sprouts and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the kale with a pinch of salt and continue to sauté until it wilts down.
4. If the pan has dried out add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and move around so that the bottom of the pan is well coated. Turn the heat down to medium.
5. Beat the eggs with a little water or milk, salt, and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the pan and spread the cheese evenly around the eggs and kale mixture.
6. Cook, undisturbed, until the mixture firms up on the bottom. Then transfer to the oven on a middle rack.
7. Bake until the top is cooked about 10 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com