Vegetable Patties With Citrus Mango Salsa
This light meal is so fresh and tasty, full of vitamins, and packs a protein punch with the addition of chickpeas. What’s not to love?
Vegetable Patties with Citrus Mango Salsa
- 1 tomato
- ½ green capsicum
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded
- 1/3 – ½ mango
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ avocado
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- 1 cob of corn
1. Cut corn kernels from cob and fry in pan for a few minutes (or until starting to turn golden).
2. Finely chop all other ingredients (except lime).
3. Place all ingredients into a bowl, squeeze lime juice into mixture, and mix well to combine.
4. Add pepper and salt to taste.
For Vegetable Patties
- 1 can chickpeas – drained and rinsed (preferably organic)
- 4 cups any vegetables (I used ½ sweet potato, 2 zucchinis, 1 carrot, ½ onion)
- 1 medium lightly beaten egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped coriander
- ⅓ cup toasted sesame seeds (Or toast yourself in a pan)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Coconut oil (or alternative) for cooking
1. Finely chop onion and roughly chop all other vegetables
2. Cook garlic and onion in a frying pan until onion is soft. For the last minute add cumin and ground coriander to release fragrance. Remove from pan and set aside. Turn stove top off.
3. Steam all other vegetables so they are soft and easy to mash.
4. In a large bowl roughly mash chickpeas, add all remaining ingredients and use hands to mix well.
5. Form mixture into patties. You will get 8 patties out of mixture by using a ½ cup measure.
6. Heat a frying pan, brush with a little coconut oil and cook patties on both sides until golden brown. Serve patties topped with citrus mango salsa, and enjoy!