Gluten-Free Maple Granola
Granola is great as a snack or a healthy, energy packed breakfast option. Try this vegan, gluten-free version with maple syrup to take it to the next level!
- 5 cups rolled oats (check for certified gluten free if gluten is an issue)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds or cashews or both
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 Tbsp lavender flowers, crushed between your finger tips (optional)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil (organic, cold pressed canola oil, olive oil or melted coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup raisins or cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place maple syrup and oil in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
Pour maple-oil mixture into large bowl and stir until the oats and nuts are coated with the maple-oil.
Pour mixture onto a large cookie sheet and spread into an even layer.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, stirring once, until your house is full of the tempting, warming, heavenly scent of cinnamon. Allow to cool and add raisins or cranberries. Store in a glass jar. Will keep for a couple of weeks, if it isn't eaten by then.
Add, substitute or omit any nuts or seeds according to personal taste.
When still warm, add small chunks of white chocolate. They will melt and fuse to the oats and take this already amazing granola to the next level.