Everything-In-The-Kitchen Dinner (Vegan Recipe)
I love being inspired by seasonal veggies at the market, so typically, I don’t really have a plan when grocery shopping, I just pick up whatever looks delicious. When dinner time comes, I like to look at what I have in the kitchen, and be inspired by those ingredients. There is something really awesome about being able to take what ever you have got, and turn it into a delicious meal!
Here is one such recipe, but feel free to substitute anything that you currently have in your kitchen – go with the flow! Cooking is yoga, and yoga is cooking. (Ha!)
- 14.5 ounces tomatoes, diced (or canned)
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 5 to 10 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- minced vegetable broth, as needed, about 1 cup
- 1 to 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 6 olives
- 7 ounces hummus of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil water, and prepare pasta of choice according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
2. On medium high heat, sauté eggplant in a thin layer of vegetable broth in a large pot 5 to 7 minutes adding a dash of salt. Add broccoli, onion, peppers and garlic, plus more vegetable broth as it cooks down (enough to always have a small covering of pot), and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onions and peppers are slightly translucent.
3. Add tomatoes, olives, and basil to mixture, and stir until heated through on medium heat, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add pasta to the vegetable mixture, stir in until well mixed. Then, add hummus, salt & pepper to taste, and stir until well mixed.
5. To plate, top with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.