These Aussie-inspired biscuits are vegan and gluten free, and I infused them with with powerful immune and beauty-boosting superherbs for some serious wow factor and a slight coffee flavor which is delicious. Enjoy!
Superherb-Infused Anzac Biscuits
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup gluten-free baking flour (or buckwheat or spelt flour – spelt is not gluten free)
- 1 cup dessicated organic coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or use more as desired)
- 1/4 tsp Astragulus extract powder
- 1/4 tsp Reishi extract powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup or golden syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 tsp bicarb (baking) soda
Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking trays with parchment/baking paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, coconut, salt and coconut sugar, and stir together.
In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil, honey or syrup and water together until melted. Remove from the heat then add the bi-carb soda. It will froth up.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well.
Roll the mixture into small balls (about a tablespoon each) and place on the baking trays about an inch apart. Press each ball lightly with a fork to flatten slightly (note: I didn’t flatten the biscuits in the photo).
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Watch they don’t burn as it really degrades the flavor.
That’s it! Super easy, quick and so delicious! You can make these with normal rolled oats too if you like, but I find that most people fare better without gluten in their diet.