15 (More) Reasons To Forgive Every Day
Every three months, I take a yoga challenge. I practice hot yoga for 30 consecutive days, and I also give myself 30 reasons to forgive. Here are 15 of my favorites from my last challenge:
1. I forgive because holding onto judgements about myself and others only shackles my mind and soul to negativity.
2. I forgive because I want to remember more than the wrong that's been done to me.
3. I forgive because we are all humans. Counting what is wrong with others will only bring me down; how long can I keep fighting?
4. I forgive because I am not a victim. Anything that has been done to me was not under my control.
5. I forgive because I will not allow negative people and negative situations to have a hold over my life.
6. I forgive because today is too beautiful to be spent judging and scrutinizing people around me.
7. I forgive because if I don't move past offense, I will drive myself crazy.
8. I forgive because I don't expect people to be kind; I merely appreciate those who are. The only way I can appreciate those who are kind is by forgiving those who are unkind.
9. I forgive because what has happened, has happened. It's time to let it go.
10. I forgive because in this imperfect human body I am in no state to hold anything against anyone.
11. I forgive because I can't expect others to live by my expectations.
12. I forgive because I can't rewrite the past, and I don't want to.
13. I forgive because my sense of peace is not worth sacrificing over something that happened in the past.
14. I forgive because I want to wish others well, including those who have hurt me.
15. I forgive because I want to have hope. Hope is not obtained by holding onto what has gone wrong.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.