Vegan Recipe: Fresh Coconut & Blueberry Salad
This Fresh Coconut Blueberry Salad is refreshing and loaded with superfoods. Have it for breakfast or dessert or bring it to a party for a fun, colorful and unique dish to share.
Fresh Coconut Blueberry Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat
- 1 pint blueberries (washed)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (washed and chopped)
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
1. Extract coconut from its shell. This can be daunting if you don't know the right technique. What I've found works best is to drain the coconut by poking a hole in one of the two "eyes" of the coconut then smashing the "chin" (the triangular shaped base) of the coconut against the concrete and it will split right open. Use a fork to loosen up the meat.
2. Chop the coconut meat into 1/2 inch cubes and place into large bowl.
3. Add the blueberries and mint to the bowl.
4. Add the hemp seeds, cacao nibs, olive oil and sea salt.
5. Mix all ingredients well, and enjoy!
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.