We’re all so busy that sometimes it’s difficult to reserve some time to just unwind, relax and give ourselves pure love. However, this self-love is really the core of everything we do, so investing in daily self-care routines helps your overall well-being and will ultimately benefit those around you.
If you have 15 minutes available every day, you’ll be able to do the pampering routines described in this article. I hope you can add more joy
, balance, peace and health to your life.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes.
- Sit comfortably over a big pillow or zafu on your mat, blanket or towel with your hips higher than your legs.
- Breath in for 3 or 4 counts, depending on your own capacity. Respect your limits.
- Breath out counting 3-4. Repeat this with your eyes closed for 5 minutes.
- When 5 minutes are over, set your timer again for 10 minutes this time.
- Lay down with an eye pillow over your eyes. Breath normally and rest completely.
Important: Respect the resting time. Otherwise, you may have a headache.
2. Energize and detox with a kale smoothie.
- A kale leaf
- 2 oranges
- 1 small carrot
Unpeel the carrot and chop it in small chunks.
Wash the oranges, slice them and squash them with your hands to extract the juice using a fork.
Wash the kale leaf and use your hands to tear it into smaller pieces.
Put everything in a blender and blend it!
3. Watch the sun rise and set.
If you live in a house or apartment with a balcony, you can set your alarm to wake you up by sunrise or to warn you when the sun will set. Then, follow these simple steps:
1. Sit in a comfortable chair and just be there, feeling and allowing your thoughts and emotions to flow.
2. Sunrise and sunset have very different qualities. During sunrise, we feel more calm, but at the same time, we feel the energy growing inside and outside us. By sunset, we also feel calm, but there is a preparation for the night and for sleep. We’re recoiling, and so is the rest of the world.
Tip: Synchronizing ourselves with these natural rhythms has a great impact on our bodies and overall health. Try to go to bed shortly after the sun sets and wake up when the sun rises for a couple of weeks. Notice how your body and mind feel.
4. Give yourself a self-massage.
A morning self-massage is recommended to detox
the body, increase blood circulation and to stimulate self-esteem and self-love. You can also use a body brush to do this, always going from your arms and legs in the direction of your heart.
5. Have a cup of detox tea.
1. Mint tea: Do you grow herbs in your garden, balcony or backyard? Mint is easy to grow and makes a great tea. Just put a leaf in a cup and add warm or boiling pure water.
2. Apple and cinnamon tea: You can use organic apples combined with cinnamon sticks to create a tea that smells as good as it tastes. It helps to relieve menstrual pain and menstrual blood.
3. Orange and honey tea: A slice of orange and a teaspoon of honey is all you need to create this delicious, sweet tea.
6. Set goals.
Powerful goals give us clarity and motivation to commit to our true values. Here are my suggestions:
1. Choose a calm place where you can be alone for 15 minutes.
2. Set your timer for 10 minutes.
3. While sitting in a comfortable position, place your right hand over your heart center and your left hand over your second chakra (right under the navel).
4. Close your eyes and connect with your breath.
5. Ask for inner guidance to help you set one goal that will bring you more happiness
, health and wellbeing. You can also ask for the solution to a specific problem. Be still and open to everything that comes up to your mind or perception. It can be images, words, memories or just a feeling. Remember to not judge and welcome everything that arises.
6. When the 10 minutes are over, set the timer for 5 minutes and write in your journal what came up and how you feel. Keep writing if you want to. Repeat this practice whenever you want.
Other 15-minute pampering routines are candlelit yin yoga (with music), a short mantra repetition (in silence or not), and preparing yourself delicious and quick salads.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com