- 1 package of cooked whole wheat (try rice glass noodles for a gluten-free version) lo mein or udon noodles (follow package cooking directions)
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup whole snow peas
- 1/2 cup patty pan squash
- 1/4 cup carrots diced
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 dash sriracha hot pepper paste (start with a dash and then add more if you want it spicier)
- 1 dash soy sauce OR Braggs Amino sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce (omit if vegetarian, also this sauce has a strong flavor so be mindful when using it, add slowly)
The past few weeks I've been inundated with fresh veggies. Whether they're from my garden, my friend's garden, or the local farm, they keep flowing in.
I'm not complaining; I feel blessed to be so abundant with freshness, but it has been challenging keeping up. This stir fry is the perfect solution for using up those appreciated bounties of the summers harvest.
Recipe for Veggie Noodle Stir Fry
Cook noodles according to package instructions, and set aside.
In a saucepan or wok, pour sesame oil in pan and heat. Once it's hot, add onions and carrots and stir fry till golden brown. Add squash, then add snow peas and pepitas.
Stir fry and mix all veggies. Add sriracha, honey, fish sauce and "soy" sauce. Just before serving, add cooked noodles and toss.
Enjoy the end of summer bounty!